Honolulu Employment, Civil, and Criminal Trial Lawyer Successfully Protecting Your Rights
Strong advocacy and a proven record of winning for more than 15 years
At Shawn A. Luiz Attorney at Law, we focus on defending individuals and their loved ones who have been wronged in the workplace, have their civil rights violated, or who face criminal charges. We provide compassionate and responsive attention, from your initial consultation until we resolve your legal matter. Whether you have been discriminated against, wrongfully terminated from your job or charged with a crime, Attorney Luiz concentrates on getting you the justice you deserve.
Aggressive litigator who isn’t afraid to fight for you
As an experienced litigation and employment law firm with a proven track record, we have extensive knowledge of Hawaii labor laws, civil laws and criminal procedures. When you partner with Attorney Luiz, you get:
- Fierce litigation and negotiation skills. Settling outside of court is often the best strategy, but we are not afraid of a fight. We have handled more than 20 jury trials, we stand up for our clients in negotiations and in the courtroom, and we use every resource available to win your case.
- Fearless advocacy. We boldly rise to meet any challenge, including complex cases or matters other lawyers won’t touch. We have sued the police department, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and Homeland Security. When it comes to litigating tough matters or intimidating adversaries, we are the firm to have on your side.
- Compassionate and responsive attention. Our legal team ensures that you fully understand your legal situation, including advising you about the risks and your legal options. We are considerate and timely in our dealings with you, so you can contact us with confidence that you will be treated with respect and receive thorough responses to your questions.
Defending your rights in employment, civil, and criminal matters
Our firm provides a variety of superior services. As a Honolulu employment attorney, some of the areas that we thrive in handling include:
- Wrongful termination. Employees who have been wrongfully terminated are often hesitant to sue their employers, particularly when their employers are large corporations. Having us on your side levels the playing field to obtain the justice you deserve.
- Discrimination. Employment should be based upon your skills, knowledge and experience, not on arbitrary characteristics that do not affect your ability to perform your job. Whether it is race, gender, age or some other form of discrimination, we are prepared to assist you.
- Whistleblower. We empower and safeguard individuals who have discovered a fraudulent practice and who are committed to stopping it. Whistleblowers of large entities, including the government, need a tenacious advocate on their side. We have experience assisting individuals who have reported hazardous conditions, ethical violations and other unlawful conduct of their employer.
- Union free speech. If your union has hampered your right to free speech under the First Amendment, let us assist you in being heard. This includes your right to express your views through written material, picketing or public demonstrations.
- Union labor practices. You have a right to join a union or labor organization and your employer is prohibited from placing you on a “blacklist.” However, labor unions can also use coercive, strong-arm tactics, and we are here to help you fight back against unfair union labor practices.
- General employment matters. Whether your legal dispute involves slander, defamation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violations, unpaid breaks or sexual harassment, we have a complete understanding of Hawaii state labor laws and what it takes to assist you in your employment law matters.
If you have been charged with a crime in Hawaii, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side. Our firm has represented numerous clients in local, state and federal courts on charges ranging from minor offenses to serious felonies, including:
Getting results on your behalf in Honolulu, Hawaii
When your rights and freedom are in jeopardy, call Shawn A. Luiz Attorney at Law at 808-518-2900 or contact us online to arrange a consultation. We provide flexible hours and we are willing to travel to other Hawaiian islands.